Petrol lawn mowers tend to be a good deal heavier then electric models and are also more expensive. Petrol mowers will often need a strong arm to start them as they often use a ‘pull cord’ to get them going. Petrol mowers tend to be more powerful than electric mowers.
Advantages of Petrol mowers
- They are not tied to a power supply so are ‘free to roam’ and can be used for lawns that are not immediately near a power supply.
- You do not have to run the risk of cutting through a power cable as you would with an electric mower. The convenience of this will be appreciated by those who spend half their time checking where the cable lies when using an electric mower.
- Petrol mowers tend to have more power than electric or hand driven mowers and so can make mowing the lawn an easier experience.
Disadvantages of petrol mowers
- Running costs can be high when compared to other types of mower, especially with the rising cost of petrol. Maintenance plans / costs can be higher than electric models.
- Initial cost of mower is generally more than electric models
- Due to their heavier weight they can be harder to manoeuvre around corners and require more strength to push around the whole lawn area.
- Petrol mowers are a good deal noisier than other types of mower.
Petrol Lawn Mower